Current Openings: 2
To apply for a position at the Disability Law Center, please review the list below. Thank you!
Fair Housing Testers (on-going)
The Disability Law Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Applications for persons interested in becoming a Fair Housing Tester can be found at the following link: http://disabilitylawcenter.org/job-posting-fair-housing-testers/.
Intake Advocate for Short-term Assistance Team (STAT)
The Disability Law Center is seeking an Intake Advocate. This full-time position focuses on taking initial calls, determining case eligibility, providing information and referral, problem solving, providing initial advocacy, and providing tools for people with disabilities to self-advocate. Knowledge of community resources and laws assuring the civil and human rights of people with disabilities preferred. Spanish speaking applicants are encouraged to apply. Competitive benefits package.
• Maintain current referral information on agencies and services available in the community
• Provide callers whose issues falls outside the range of the agency’s mandates or priorities with appropriate referrals
• Develop expertise in areas of mandates, funding, regulations, goals and priorities and processes for obtaining services
• Provide self-advocacy support on the phone, in writing or in person to enable caller to resolve an issues independently
• Obtain appropriate documentation from callers and keep updated records on service request of actions taken
• Assist in the development of self-advocacy materials and forms
• Other intake duties as assigned
• Ability to work with persons of diverse abilities, ages, races, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations.
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to impart information in a constructive, non judgment and through manner and exercise initiative and good judgment
• Ability to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor regarding highly critical issues involving confidentiality and discretion
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with attorneys, other agencies, employees and the public
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
• Strong interest in providing service to persons with disabilities;
• Four-year degree with experience in education, direct client services, advocacy and/or rehabilitation preferred. Experience may be substituted for a specific degree
Submit resume and cover letter to Disability Law Center, 205 North 400 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84103, Attention: Nayeli Muñoz or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries. The DLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disability Law Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Disability Law Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.